Written by Bradt Travel Guides
WIN! Breath-taking Big Cat Canvases, signed by Chris Packham and Paul Goldstein, £500 of Exodus holiday vouchers, and the chance to be crowned Big Cat Festival Photographer of the Year 2019.
Exclusive to Bradt’s Big Cat Festival, sponsored by Exodus Travel.
Ever fancied getting your photography critiqued by the experts? Well, now’s your chance! This year at the Big Cat Festival we’ve partnered with Exodus Travel to bring you a brilliant big cat competition! Simply send in your best big cat images, and Paul Goldstein will show and analyse some of the best on stage. The over all winner will receive the title of Big Cat Festival Photographer of the Year, as well as two large signed canvases of images specifically chosen by Paul and Chris as their own favourite photographs. They will also win £500 of holiday vouchers from sponsor Exodus Travel. Runners up will win a Bradt guide of their choice.
Got something you think will impress Paul and Chris? Make sure you send it in to our competition! © Paul Goldstein
How to enter:
1. Send your best big cat photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each entrant can submit a maximum of 5 photos, and these must be sent in separate emails, 1 photo per email.
2. Name your photos with your name, and details of the subject and location in the following form: Name_Description (eg: Joe Bloggs_ a lion cub, Kenya)
3. Photos must be your own work.
4. In order to win the competition you must have a ticket to the Big Cat Festival and attend the ‘So You Think You’re a Big Cat Photographer’ session (time tbc).
5. Entries will close at midnight on the 4th April.
6. For further terms and conditions of entry, please click here.
The photos will initially be screen by a panel of judges at Bradt Travel guides, and a longlist sent to Paul Goldstein. Paul will select up to the ten best to be shown on the big screen as part of the ‘So You Think You’re a Big Cat Photographer’ session at the festival, and judged by Chris and Paul. The runners-up will all win a Bradt guide of their choice.
The team at Exodus love adventure travel and always have. Since taking a group on a trip to the Himalaya in1974 they’ve expanded to offer more than 500 itineraries across more than 90 countries, including some brilliant Big Cat destinations. It’s no wonder we wanted to partner with them on our festival!
For more information on the Big Cat Festival, and to book tickets, click here.