Big Cat Festival Photographer of the Year Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
1. The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over. Employees, contractors and authors of Bradt Travel Guides (“Bradt”) and the Competition Partners as defined below and members of the immediate family of the above people are not eligible to participate.
2. In order to qualfy for the competition you must be in possession of a ticket to, and attend, Bradt’s Big Cat Festival on Saturday 13th April 2019 at the Royal Geographical Society. Further details on the festival can be found here.
3. The competition will be launched on DATE. All entries must be received by midnight GMT on the closing date, 4th April 2019.
How to Enter
4. There is one main prize in the competition, plus up to nine runners-up prizes.
5. Each entrant may submit a maximum of five photographs for consideration. Only one photograph should be attached to each email (so if an entrant wishes to submit five photographs these should be sent in five separate emails). The photograph(s) must have been taken by the entrant. Joint entries are not allowed and entries on behalf of other people will be excluded.
6. Images must be related to the theme – big cats.
7. Each photograph must be saved with the name of the entrant and details of the subject and its location in the following form: Name_Description (eg: Joe Bloggs_ a lion cub, Kenya)
8. Each photograph should then be sent as an email attachment to email@example.com,. The entrant should include (in the body of the email) their full name of the entrant and a day-time telephone number.
9. Entrants’ names and email addresses will be shared with the competition partner Exodus Travels and may be used by them and their promoters for marketing purposes unless entrants indicate that they do not consent to this by putting “NO MARKETING” in the message body of their email submission.
10. An initial longlist will be selected by a panel of Judges from Bradt Travel Guides.
11. This longlist will be sent to Paul Goldstein, of Exodus Travels, who will select a shortlist of up to 10 entries to be shown on stage during his talk with Chris Packham at Bradt’s Big Cat Festival on Saturday 13th April 2019.
12. The winner will be decided by Paul Goldstein and Chris Packham.
13. Judges will consider a combination of factors including but not restricted to quality of photograph, originality of subject matter and approach, and adherence to theme.
14. The identity of the Judges may be requested by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Bradt Travel Guides, 1st Floor, IDC House, The Vale, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks, SL9 9RZ.
15. The First Prize (as defined below) will be awarded to the entry that the Judges consider to be the best. The Judges’ decision is final.
16. The Winner will be selected at Bradt’s Big Cat Festival and must be present at Paul Goldstein and Chris Packham’s talk at the event. to claim their prize. If the Competition Winner is not present at the announcement of the award, or is unable to take up their prize for any reason, we reserve the right to award the relevant prize (without notice to the first Winner chosen) to an alternative Winner, in which case the first Winner chosen shall not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever. We shall not have any liability in such an eventuality.
The winner of the main prize (the “Competition Winner”) shall win two large Big Cat canvases, signed by Chris Packham and Paul Goldstein, and £500 of holiday vouchers from Exodos Travels. Up to nine runners-up will win a Bradt guide of their choice.
17. All elements of the Prize are subject to availability.
18. The Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes
Intellectual property and other rules about entries
19. Your competition entry must be all your own work. It must not contain any third-party content or infringe the copyright of any third party and it must not be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. We reserve the right to exclude entries from the competition that we consider, in our sole discretion, to be in breach of this clause.
20. Bradt and Exodus Travels shall have a non-exclusive right to publish all entries on their websites and in print and across other social media.
21. Bradt and the Competition Partners reserve the right to publish the names of the Winner and the winning entries themselves, and the Winners are required to give their full co-operation to all requests by the promoters in connection with publicity for the competition, their entry, the Prizes or otherwise.
22. No correspondence will be entered into or comment issued on any matters concerning the competition and no reasons given for any decision made by the Judges.
23. We shall not be liable for any circumstances beyond our reasonable control that prevent the competition being fulfilled, a winner or winners being chosen, or any prize being taken up or fully enjoyed by a winner.
24. Names of the Winners will be available on receipt of a request enclosing a stamped addressed envelope to: Bradt Travel Guides, 1st Floor, IDC House, The Vale, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks, SL9 9RZ.