by Sarah Cameron
72 in stock
Published: 29th Feb 2016
Size: 115 X 178 mm
Number of pages: 464
About this book
From its ramshackle mansions and retro motors to stunning white beaches and fine cigars, Cuba’s unique culture is one of extremes. Footprint’s Cuba Handbook will guide you from the faded colonial splendour of Old Havana to pristine diving reefs and vibrant, eclectic towns.
* Great coverage of the activities and sights on this island rich in history and culture
* Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from hiking in the Sierra Maestra to the idyllic sands of Maria la Gorda
* Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to politics, culture & landscape
* Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
* Full-colour planning section to inspire you and help you find the best experiences
* Personal recommendations from the author on everything from rum, rumba and salsa to diving, hiking and architecture
From dancing at the liveliest fiestas to exploring key sites of the Revolution, Footprint’s fully updated 6th edition will help you navigate this fascinating destination.
About the Author
After a degree in Latin American Studies, Sarah Cameron has been travelling and writing on the region ever since, both as an economist and as an author for Footprint. Initially moonlighting for the South American Handbook, while working for a British bank, in 1990 she parted company with the world of finance and has been contributing to the expansion of Footprint titles ever since. Sarah now concentrates solely on the Caribbean and is the author of several titles on the islands. When she is not travelling around the Caribbean sampling beaches and rum cocktails, she retreats to her 17th-century farmhouse in rural Suffolk.
Additional InformationTable of Contents
1) Planning Your Trip
4) Pinar del Rio
6) Centre West
7) Centre East
8) Holguin and Granma
9) Santiago and Guantanamo
10) The Islands