by David W Lloyd
72 in stock
Published: 27th Mar 2015
Size: 115 X 184 mm
Number of pages: 336
About this book
Laos satisfies all the romantic images of southeast Asia: perfumed frangipani trees, saffron-robed monks, rusty old bicycles and golden temples. Footprint’s 7th edition Laos Handbook will guide you from traditionally constructed villages and verdant countryside to the charming colonial city of Vientiane.
* Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the country, including caving, meditation and zip-lining through the forest
* Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from remote cascading waterfalls to spotting rare freshwater dolphins
* Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
* Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
* Full-colour planning section to inspire you and help you find the best experiences
From the eerie Plain of Jars to the golden temples of Luang Prabang, Footprint’s fully updated 7th edition will help you navigate this warm and welcoming destination.
About the Author
Based in Hanoi for the last four years, David W Lloyd is a travel writer and photographer. His work has been featured in publications including the New York Times, Wanderlust and Travel + Leisure. Specialising in Laos and Vietnam, he has also written features on Myanmar, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Singapore. David’s favourite destinations in Vietnam include central Quang Binh province thanks to its otherworldly caving and warm, welcoming people. He also spends as much time as he can cycling the twisting mountain roads of the far north. In Laos, he most enjoys the trekking and variety of food in Luang Nam Tha and watching the world go by over a quality coffee in Luang Prabang.
Additional InformationTable of Contents
1) Planning your trip
2) Vientiane and around
3) Northern Laos
4) Central Laos
5) Southern Laos