by Alex and Gardenia Robinson
Published: 14th Apr 2016
About this book
Beautiful, vibrant, exuberant and welcoming, Brazil is truly a country to explore. From the miles of pristine and often deserted beaches along the coast to the mighty virgin forest of the Amazon, from the charm of cobbled colonial towns to the urban excitement of its busy metropolises, this guidebook will help you make the most of your visit to this magnificent country.
* Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the country, including carnivals, wildlife and waterfalls
* Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from birdwatching in the rainforest to unforgettable beaches
* Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
* Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
* Full-colour planning section to inspire you and help you find the best experiences
From the iconic sights of Rio de Janeiro to the powerful, tumbling waters of Iguacu Falls, Footprint’s fully updated 9th edition will help you navigate this diverse destination.
About the Author
Gardenia Robinson is from Minas Gerais in Brazil, and is a graduate of the University of Sao Paulo’s prestigious Faculdade de Economia, Administracao e Contabilidade. She worked as an investment banker in Brazil before moving to the UK to work on the first guidebook to the Amazon, inspired to write by her favourite author, Joao Guimaraes Rosa. After travelling throughout Latin America, South East Asia and Australia (visiting more than 25 countries), she returned to Brazil to open and run her own NGO working with sustainable tourism in local communities. She has researched and photographed books on London, the Amazon, Brazil and Mexico for publishers including Cadogan, DK and Footprint and has had her pictures published widely in Brazil, Europe and the USA.
Alex Robinson is an award-winning writer and photographer based in London. He was runner up in the Friends of the Earth International Photography Award in 2007, won a Brazilian Press Award for the anniversary edition of Latin America’s travel magazine Viagem e Turismo and a US National Magazine award as part of the Fall 2006 edition of Departures Magazine. He has worked with numerous magazines, publishers and broadcasters, including Departures, Budget Travel, National Geographic, the Financial Times, Wanderlust, the Discovery Channel, Al Jazeera and the BBC. For more information, see alexrobinsonphotography.co.uk.
Additional InformationTable of Contents
1) Planning your trip
2) Rio de Janeiro
3) Sao Paulo
4) Minas Gerais & Espirito Santo
5) Iguacu Falls & the south
7) Recife & the northeast coast
8) Fortaleza & the far northeast
9) The Amazon
10) Brasilia, Goias & Tocantins
11) The Pantanal