Zanzibar & Pemba
by Lizzie Williams
Size: 115 X 178 mm
Number of pages: 136
About this book
Zanzibar’s coastline offers some of the best beaches in the world, with its dazzling white sands and colourful marine life, whilst atmospheric Stone Town is filled with intriguing alleyways and old Arabian townhouses. Whether you’re sampling fresh seafood at the Forodhani Market, scuba diving off the pristine coast of Pemba or challenging your senses on a spice tour, Footprint’s Zanzibar & Pemba Handbook covers all the top attractions on these glorious islands, plus tips for escaping the crowds and getting off the beaten track.
* Includes Dar es Salaam, the main gateway for entering Tanzania.
* Practicalities section with essential advice on getting there and around.
* Highlights map & inspirational colour section, so you know what not to miss.
* Comprehensive listings including where to eat, sleep and relax – whatever your budget.
* Detailed street maps for Dar es Salaam, Stone Town and other key locations in the region.
* Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Loaded with advice and information, this concise Footprint Handbook will help you get the most out of Zanzibar & Pemba without weighing you down.
About the Author
Originally from London, Lizzie Williams has been travelling in Africa since 1995 and has visited more than 20 African countries and almost 100 parks and reserves. Starting out on trips across the continent as a tour leader, she has sat with a gorilla, slept amongst elephants, fed a giraffe and swum with a hippo. For Footprint, she is author of South Africa, Namibia, Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Uganda and numerous Footprint Focus guides to specific regions of these countries. For Bradt, she has written the only country-specific guidebook to Nigeria, and has worked on numerous African titles for AA Publishing, Frommers, DK Eyewitness and Rough Guides among others. Lizzie also regularly contributes to numerous magazines and writes destination guides for leading websites specialising in African travel. When not on the road, she counts herself very lucky to call beautiful Cape Town home.
Additional InformationTable of Contents
1) Planning your trip
2) Dar es Salaam
3) Zanzibar Island (Stone Town; North to Nungwi; To the northeast coast; Southeast Zanzibar)
4) Pemba Island