East Coast Australia Footprint Handbookby Ben Donald
Published: 23rd Sep 2013
Size: 115 X 184
Number of pages: 352
About this book
Take off and discover Australia’s sunshine coast. From its vibrant cities to stunning beaches, beautiful wine region and tremendous rainforests, East Coast Australia is a region so blessed with natural beauty it’s no wonder it has attracted visitors for years.
Footprint’s fully updated 5th edition East Coast Australia Handbook will help you get away from the crowds and really experience the most from your trip down under. Including an extensive planning section and suggestions for getting off the beaten track, plus accommodation listings for every budget and full details of all the sights and activities, this guide will be invaluable.
* Includes a beautiful colour section full of inspirational photographs and advice to help you plan your trip giving you a flavour of the best things to see and do
* Features carefully selected itineraries giving you advice on how to get the best out of your stay whether you’re travelling for a week or a month
* From the spectacular Great Barrier Reef to the urban scene of Sydney, this guide provides extensive, thoroughly researched information which will help you plan your trip as well as advise you on the ground.
* Essentials section provides great advice on how to get there and how to get around as well as information on sleeping, eating, drinking and shopping giving you an idea of what you can expect to pay
* The heart of the guide is broken in to the key regions of the east coast and gives you comprehensive information on each of the regions. Each regional section has an overview map, local information on how to get around with transport and street maps where relevant, a short history of the region, thorough advice on what to see and do and a directory of key local information on banks, embassies, internet cafes, medical and even laundry services.
* Full-colour mini atlas which has maps of each country to help you get your bearings.
Australia’s East Coast is a microcosm of all that the vast continent of Australia has to offer. Footprint’s fully updated 5th edition Handbook will show you how to make the most of this extraordinary destination.
About the Author
Scot Darroch Donald has two major passions in life – wildlife and travel. Having explored some far-flung places he emigrated to New Zealand in 1992 where he acted as a wildlife consultant to the government. In 1996 he published his first book, Creatures, an account of his wildlife encounters, illustrated with his own photographs and artwork. Now Darroch has expanded his work to include both travel and nature. To view Darroch’s New Zealand photographic work, log on to darrochdonald.com.