About this book
The shifting landscapes in these three southern-most countries in Central America reflect the diversity of each nation. Footprint s Costa Rica, Nicaragua & Panama will guide you through untouched Costa Rican rainforest, the tempestuous geography of Nicaragua and coral reefs off Panama s Caribbean coast.
* Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including volcano trekking, island escapes, unmissable fiestas, surfing and diving
* Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from turtle watching in La Flor to the exploring the savage, impenetrable jungles of Darién
* Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
* Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
* Full-colour planning section to inspire travellers and help them find the best experiences
From bohemian beaches to handsome Spanish plazas, Footprint s fully updated 3rd edition will help you navigate this colorful destination.
About the author
Richard Arghiris first visited Latin America in 2003, when he travelled between the capitals of Mexico and Panamá. Richard has since become a regular visitor to the Americas, writing and researching content for guidebooks, magazines, newspapers and websites. Richard has lived and worked in Amsterdam, Brighton, London and at sea. Aside from Latin America, he has travelled widely in Europe and the United States, and is currently based in London where he works as an author and freelance journalist and is on the road whenever it calls. Check out Richard's blog, unseenamericas.com
1) Planning your trip
2) Costa Rica