Colombiaby Caitlin and Huw Hennessy
Published: 12th Feb 2018
Size: 115 X 178 mm
Number of pages: 360
About this book
From its colourful, vibrant cities to the verdant Zona Cafetera and sparkling Caribbean coast, Colombia offers enormous variety. Footprint’s Colombia Handbook will guide you from salsa clubs & colonial gems to abundant Amazonia and the raging rivers of San Gil.
* Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including numerous adventure sports, jungle trekking and hot springs
* Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from stays in authentic coffee fincas to lively fiestas in the tiniest of villages
* Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
* Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
* Full-colour planning section to inspire you and help you find the best experiences
From Medellin, now a progressive and prosperous city, to the spectacular Tayrona National Park, Footprint’s fully updated 6th edition will help you navigate this incredible destination.
About the Author
Modern Languages graduates from the University of London, Caitlin and Huw Hennessy first met as tour leaders for Journey Latin America in 1985, running group adventure tours to this ‘undiscovered’ new travel destination. In their ‘down time’, they began to help update the South American Handbook, poring over readers’ letters, with their minutiae of bus routes, timetables and colourful anecdotes. The travel writing bug soon took over from the tour leading and now they have accumulated more years than they care to count, editing, writing and updating numerous Footprint Handbooks on Latin America. They have also ventured out into the wider world of journalism, from local newspaper reporting, to editing for a wide range of publishers in London, as well as writing for various magazines and newspapers, including Wanderlust, the Independent and the Times. Latin America remains their abiding passion, however, and between the two of them they have covered pretty much every highway and byway from Ciudad Juarez to Ushuaia. At home in Devon, they keep fit walking the Southwest Coast Path together. Kate is also an accomplished artist, recently completing her M.A. in Fine Arts, while Huw releases his inner Tigger paddling in his kayak and pedalling his road bike up and down the country lanes.