About this book
From its powdery beaches and glittering, turreted skylines to ancient monuments and thatched ethnic villages, Cambodia never fails to excite the senses. Footprint’s 7th edition Cambodia Handbook will guide you from floating villages and religious complexes, to stunning beaches and royal palaces.
* Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the country, including diving, cycling and elephant trekking
* Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from where to find the best fresh crab to stunning waterfalls in the jungled northeast
* Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport, practicalities to history, culture & landscape
* Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
* Full-colour planning section to inspire and help you find the best experiences
From the derelict French buildings of Phnom Penh to the palm-fringed coastline, Footprint’s fully updated 7th edition will help you navigate this beguiling destination.
About the author
Andrew Spooner is a feature, travel and sports writer and photographer. His work appears regularly in The Independent on Sunday, The Independent, CNN Traveller, The Guardian, the Observer, GQ and Bike. He has also taught Media and Journalism, part time, at the University of East London. In his previous life, Andrew travelled through the underbelly of Europe with various punk rock bands and he still likes loud music, played badly. After travelling to Thailand in 1989, Andrew developed a fascination with the country and now shares his time between Bangkok and London
1) Planning your trip
2) Phnom Penh and around (Sihanoukville; Around Sihanoukville; Sihanoukville’s islands; Koh Kong and aroound; Kampot and around; Kep; Takeo and around)
3) Angkor and Central Cambodia (Angkor Wat; Angkor Thom & around; Outlying temples; Siem Reap; Anglong Veng; Kompong Thom; T’Beng Meanchey)
4) Northwestern Cambodia (Phnom Penh to Battambang; Pursat; Around Battambang; Pailin; Sisophon; Poipet)
5) Northeastern Cambodia (Mekong Provinces; Mondulkiri Province; Ratanakiri Province) 5) Background