by Andy Symington
Size: 115 X 184 mm
Number of pages: 560
About this book
Vital, vivid and engaging, this cluster of ancient kingdoms is home Gothic cathedrals, stunning mountain ranges, charming seaside towns and buzzing cities. From sampling fresh seafood and delicious cider to walking the medieval pilgrim route to Santiago de Compostela, Footprint’s Northern Spain Handbook will help you make the most of your trip.
* In-depth coverage of the region’s activities, from skiing and surfing to the best fiestas
* Highlight maps to help you get the best from this vast region
* Exceptional background and history section – from the Reconquista, to pilgrims, to politics
* Where to stay and eat for your budget; also offers information on the best refugios, paradores and sidrerias
* Includes feature on the Camino de Santiago
From the gourmet scene of San Sebastian and Bilbao’s iconic Guggenheim museum, to the wild and dramatic coast of Galicia, Footprint’s Northern Spain Handbook will ensure that you get the best out of this culturally rich destination.
About the Author
Andy Symington hails from Australia and, after much time spent prowling and working in various corners of the world, he settled in Northern Spain, where he has now lived for the last dozen years. Andy has extensive experience as a travel writer and is the author of several Footprint guidebooks.
Additional InformationTable of Contents
1) Planning your trip
2) Pais Vasco
4) Northern Aragon
5) La Rioja
6) Castilla y Leon
7) Cantabria and Picos de Europa
8) Asturias 9) Galicia