by David W Lloyd
Published: 11th May 2015
Size: 115 X 178 mm
Number of pages: 480
About this book
Vietnam’s allure lies in its ripples of vibrant green paddy fields, historic temples, and herb-infused cuisine. Footprint’s 7th edition Vietnam Handbook will guide you from the elegant, belle-epoque boulevards of Hanoi to the frenetic motorcycle hum of Ho Chi Minh City.
* Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the country, including cookery schools, kayaking and motorbike tours
* Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from remote ethnic markets to deserted white-sand beaches
* Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
* Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
* Full-colour planning section to inspire you and help you find the best experiences
From the vibrant Pearl of the Orient to the towering karst islands of Halong Bay, Footprint’s fully updated 7th edition will help you navigate this dynamic destination.
About the Author
Based in Hanoi for the last four years, David W Lloyd is a travel writer and photographer. His work has been featured in publications including the New York Times, Wanderlust and Travel + Leisure. Specialising in Laos and Vietnam, he has also written features on Myanmar, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Singapore. David’s favourite destinations in Vietnam include central Quang Binh province thanks to its otherworldly caving and warm, welcoming people. He also spends as much time as he can cycling the twisting mountain roads of the far north. In Laos, he most enjoys the trekking and variety of food in Luang Nam Tha and watching the world go by over a quality coffee in Luang Prabang.
Additional InformationTable of Contents
1) Planning your trip
3) Northern Vietnam
4) Central Vietnam
5) Ho Chi Minh City
6) Southern Vietnam