About this book
From the snow-capped beauty of Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, to the vast plains of the Serengeti, the north of Tanzania offers enormous diversity. Whether you're spotting the Big Five on safari, trekking spectacular peaks or exploring the incredible Ngorongoro Crater, Footprint's Kilimanjaro & Northern Tanzania Handbook covers all the top attractions in this fascinating region, plus tips for escaping the crowds and getting off the beaten track.
* Practicalities section with essential advice on getting there and around.
* Highlights map & inspirational colour section, so you know what not to miss.
* Comprehensive listings including where to eat, sleep and relax – whatever your budget.
* Detailed street maps for Moshi, Arusha & other key locations & national parks in the region
* Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Loaded with advice and information, this concise Footprint Handbook will help you get the most out of Northern Tanzania without weighing you down.
About the author
Originally from London, Lizzie Williams has been travelling in Africa since 1995 and has visited more than 20 African countries and almost 100 parks and reserves. Starting out on trips across the continent as a tour leader, she has sat with a gorilla, slept amongst elephants, fed a giraffe and swum with a hippo. For Footprint, she is author of South Africa, Namibia, Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Uganda and numerous Footprint Focus guides to specific regions of these countries. For Bradt, she has written the only country-specific guidebook to Nigeria, and has worked on numerous African titles for AA Publishing, Frommers, DK Eyewitness and Rough Guides among others. Lizzie also regularly contributes to numerous magazines and writes destination guides for leading websites specialising in African travel. When not on the road, she counts herself very lucky to call beautiful Cape Town home.
1) Planning your trip
2) Moshi and around
3) Arusha & around
4) Northern Circuit Game Parks (Tarangire National Park; Mto wa Mbu to Lake Natron; Ngorongoro Conservation Area; Serengeti National Park)