Johannesburg & Kruger National Park Footprint Focus Guide
by Lizzie Williams
55 in stock
Published: 08th Jan 2015
Size: 110 X 176 mm
Number of pages: 176
About this book
Johannesburg has been drawing visitors in droves, thanks to a city regeneration programme, cutting-edge museums, and its proximity to the magnificent Kruger National Park. Footprintfocus Johannesburg & Kruger National Park will guide you from the sophisticated city to the top places for game viewing, providing detailed information on sights and attractions along the way.
* Includes a 16-page colour section on Kruger Wildlife
* Essentials section with tips on getting to Johannesburg and around.
* Detailed coverage of Kruger National Park, Tshwane (Pretoria)and Soweto
* Comprehensive listings of where to eat and sleep, including game lodges
* Detailed street maps for Johannesburg and other important destinations
* Slim enough to fit in your pocket
Loaded with advice and information, this concise Footprintfocus guide will help you get the most out of Johannesburg & Kruger National Park without weighing you down.
About the Author
Originally from London, Lizzie Williams has worked and lived in Africa for 14 years. Starting out on trips across the continent as a tour leader on overland trucks, she has sat with a gorilla, slept amongst elephants, fed a giraffe and swum with a hippo and is now something of an expert on border crossings and African beer. For Footprint she is author of South Africa, Namibia, Kenya and Tanzania; has written the only country guide to Nigeria and the first city guide to Johannesburg for Bradt; is author of the AA Spiral Guide to South Africa and Africa Overland, a glossy look at the overland route from Nairobi to Cape Town, is co-author of the DK Eyewitness to Kenya, and has contributed to Turkey and Egypt for Rough Guides. She has written various online African destination guides for leading websites in the UK and US including Frommers, British Airways and World Travel Guide.net. When not on the road, Lizzie lives in Cape Town.
Additional InformationTable of Contents
2) Planning your trip
4) Pretoria and Northwest Province
5) Kruger National Park and Panorama Region