Indiaby David Stott
£16.65 – £19.99
Size : 115 x 178 Edition : 1
ISBN : 9781910120408
ISBN : 9781784777753
About this book
India strikes its visitor with a sensory, intellectual, spiritual and philosophical assualt that's unmatched by any other place on earth: this subcontinent's sheer diversity is staggering. Footprint's 19th edition India Handbook will guide you from tropical beach paradises and lush backwaters, to forests where elephants roam and foothills clad in tea plantations.
– Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from ruined temples and shimmering cities to spotting tigers and trekking the Himalaya
– Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
– Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings that you can trust, for every budget
– Full-colour planning section to inspire you and help you find the best experiences
– Personal recommendations from the authors on everything from festivals and haggling to camel safaris and rail routes.
From navigating the outsized metropoles to exploring sprawling temples, Footprint's fully updated 19th edition will help you get the best of this enigmatic destination.
About the author
South India-born and raised in the vibrant suburbs of Peterborough, writer and photographer David Stott acquired his taste for India in the womb. At the age of 28 he finally discovered the variety and diversity of flavours at which butter chicken had merely hinted and since his first visit he's become an annual visitor to India, steadily learning to tell his chole from his bhature and establishing a serious addiction to masala dosas along the way. David now splits his time between India and his adopted home in vibrant suburban Sydney, where the pace of life is such that he occasionally has to pinch himself to make sure he's awake.
1) Planning your trip
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh
7) Haryana and Punjab
8) Himachal Pradesh
9) Jammu and Kashmir
10) West Bengal
12) Northeast States
14) Bihar and Jharkhand
15) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
16) Tamil Nadu
19) Telangana and Andhra Pradesh