Ho Chi Minh City & South Vietnam
by David W Lloyd
Publication Date: 11th May 2015
About this book
Ho Chi Minh City, Pearl of the Orient, is the largest and most dynamic city in one of the most rapidly growing economies in the world. Explore this city of remorseless & relentless activity, take a slow and drifting trip along the Mekong River or relax on the stunning beaches of Phu Quoc Island; Footprint Ho Chi Minh City & South Vietnam covers all the top attractions in this enchanting region, plus lesser-known sights off the beaten track. Provides recommendations for all budgets on where to eat, sleep and try the local beer, as well as the low-down on late-night noodles and Khmer temples.
* Essentials section with practical advice on getting there and around.
* Highlights map so you know what not to miss.
* Listings you can trust, including where to eat, sleep and relax.
* Detailed street maps for Ho Chi Minh City & other key locations in the region
* Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Loaded with advice and information, this concise Footprint guide will help you get the most out of Ho Chi Minh City & South Vietnam without weighing you down.
About the Author
Based in Hanoi for the last four years, David W Lloyd is a travel writer and photographer. His work has been featured in publications including the New York Times, Wanderlust and Travel + Leisure. Specialising in Laos and Vietnam, he has also written features on Myanmar, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Singapore. David’s favourite destinations in Vietnam include central Quang Binh province thanks to its otherworldly caving and warm, welcoming people. He also spends as much time as he can cycling the twisting mountain roads of the far north. In Laos, he most enjoys the trekking and variety of food in Luang Nam Tha and watching the world go by over a quality coffee in Luang Prabang.
Additional InformationTable of Contents
1) Planning your trip
2) Ho Chi Minh City & around (City centre; Pham Ngu Lao; Cholon [Chinatown]; Outer Ho Chi Minh City; Around Ho Chi Minh City)
3) Southern Vietnam (My Tho and around; Can Tho and around; Chau Doc and around; Phu Quoc Island; Phan Thiet and Mui Ne)