About this book
Of all the capital cities in the Caribbean, Havana has the reputation for being the most splendid & sumptuous. From strolling along the Malecon and exploring La Habana Vieja (Old Havana), to Museo Ernest Hemingway or the tropical beaches of Playas del Este, this guidebook will help you make the most of your visit to this intriguing city.
* Practicalities section with indispensable information on getting there and around.
* Highlights maps of the region so you know what not to miss.
* Comprehensive, up-to-date listings of where to eat, drink and sleep.
* Detailed street maps for Havana and its key municipalities.
* Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Loaded with advice and information on how to get around, this concise Footprint Handbook will help you get the most out of Havana without weighing you down.
About the author
After a degree in Latin American Studies, Sarah Cameron has been travelling and writing on the continent ever since, both as an economist and as an author for Footprint. Initially moonlighting for the South American Handbook, while working for a British bank, in 1990 she parted company with the world of finance and has been contributing to the expansion of Footprint titles ever since. Sarah now concentrates solely on the Caribbean and is the author of Footprint's Cuba Handbook. When she is not travelling around the Caribbean sampling beaches and rum cocktails, she retreats to her 17th-century farmhouse in rural Suffolk.
1) Planning your trip
3) Around Havana