Guatemalaby Richard Arghiris
£7.49 – £8.99
Size : 115 x 178 Edition : 1
ISBN : 9781909268692
ISBN : 9781784777807
About this book
Discover black sand beaches on the Pacific coast, a lake crowned by volcanoes and an ancient civilization that came to an abrupt end, leaving its history hidden within the ruins of jungle-clad temples. Travel from beautiful colonial cities and sleepy villages, to deserted beaches and lush rainforests; Footprint Guatemala covers all the top attractions in this colourful country, plus lesser-known sights off the beaten track. Provides recommendations for all budgets on where to eat, sleep and sample tequila, as well as the low-down on the region's best fiestas and adventure activities.
* Practicalities section with essential advice on getting there and around.
* Highlights map and inspirational colour section so you know what not to miss.
* Comprehensive listings including where to eat, sleep and have fun.
* Detailed street maps for Guatemala City and other important towns and sights.
* Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Loaded with advice and information, this concise Footprint guide will help you get the most out of Guatemala without weighing you down.
About the author
Richard Arghiris is a freelance writer, journalist, blogger, and long-term traveller. He has been wandering the highways and unpaved back roads of Central America since 2003, contributing to a range of Footprint titles and a host of websites, magazines and newspapers, including The Independent, The Observer, Perceptive Travel and Intercontinental Cry. His blog, www.unseenamericas.com, features news reports, narrative journalism and street photography from the sketchy US-Mexico border to the teeming rainforests of Panama.
1) Planning your trip
2) Guatemala City
3) Antigua and around
4) Lake Atitlan and around
5) Western Highlands
6) Quetzaltenango and around
7) Southern Guatemala
8) Guatemala City to the Caribbean
9) The Verapaces
10) El Peten