Cuzco Machu Picchu & the Inca Heartlandby Robert and Daisy Kunstaetter
Published: 29th Oct 2017
Size: 115 X 178 mm
Number of pages: 272
About this book
Peru’s Inca Heartland is home to lost cities, ancient trails and colonial palaces. Footprint’s Cuzco, Machu Picchu & the Inca Heartland Handbook will guide you around the Navel of the World, along challenging Inca routes, and up to the magnificent Machu Picchu.
* Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including trekking, rainforest sanctuaries, hot springs and Andean markets
* Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from alternative Inca trails to bird-filled cloud forest
* Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
* Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
* Full-colour planning section to inspire travellers and help them find the best experiences
From biking in the Sacred Valley to the spectacular ruins at Ollantaytambo, Footprint’s fully updated 6th edition will help you navigate this fascinating destination.
About the Author
Born and raised in Ecuador (Quito and Riobamba), Daisy Isacovici’s pet peeve is being mistaken for a gringa. Robert Kunstaetter hails from Montreal, where Daisy attended university. Soon after they met in 1979, he suggested travelling in South America for ‘a year or so’, and they have yet to turn back. Over the years and miles, Robert and Daisy became regular correspondents for Footprint, contributing to the South American Handbook and other Latin American titles. Based back in Ecuador since 1993, they are authors of Footprint’s Ecuador & Galapagos and Trekking in Ecuador. They also travel frequently to Peru and Bolivia. After all these years, Robert and Daisy still have difficulty distinguishing between work and play.