About this book
Bursting with colour, history and fine colonial architecture, Cartagena is the emerald in Colombia's crown and Spain's finest legacy in the Americas. Within easy reach of this lively city are sparkling coral islands, tropical beaches, snow capped mountains and the mysterious Ciudad Perdida, high on many a traveller's list of Latin American adventures.
* Includes information on the extraordinarily beautiful islands of San Andres and Providencia
* Practicalities section with essential advice on getting there and around.
* Highlights map and inspirational colour section, so you know what not to miss.
* Reliable listings that you can trust, including where to eat, sleep and relax.
* Detailed street maps for Cartagena, Barranquilla, and other key destinations in the region.
* Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
From the historical towns of Mompos and Santa Marta to trekking through the steamy jungle, Footprint's updated 3rd edition will help you navigate this vibrant destination.
About the author
Anna Maria Espsäter, originally from Sweden, first moved to Mexico at 20, enjoying the culture shock, spicy food and sunny weather. She has since returned repeatedly for shorter and longer stays. Now based in London, she works as a freelance travel and food writer, chasing the ambition of visiting every country in the world. With 90 visited to date she has a way to go yet, but remains undaunted despite surviving tropical disease, earthquakes, assault and armed robbery on the road.
Ben Box One of the first assignments Ben Box took as a freelance writer in 1980 was subediting work on the South American Handbook. The plan then was to write about contemporary Iberian and Latin American affairs, but in no time at all the lands south of the Rio Grande took over, inspiring journeys to all corners of the subcontinent. Ben has contributed to newspapers, magazines and learned tomes, usually on the subject of travel, and became editor of the South American Handbook in 1989. He has also been involved in Footprint s Handbooks, and many of these titles he has collaborated with his wife and Footprint Caribbean expert, Sarah Cameron.
1) Planning your trip
2) Cartagena & the Caribbean Coast (Cartagena; Around Cartagena; Barranquilla; Santa Marta; East to Venezuela; San Andres and Providencia)