Belize Guatemala & Southern Mexico
by Richard Arghiris
Publication Date: 06th Jun 2019
About this book
Blessed with a tropical climate, abundant wildlife and a varied landscape of mountains, rainforest and coast, this is a region whose natural appeal is instant and inspiring. Monumental Mayan ruins lie across the region, with colonial churches and palaces also leaving their mark. Adventure can be found in volcano trekking or scuba diving. Belize is home to the longest reef in the Western hemisphere, and offers some of the best diving in the world.
* Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region , including jungle-shrouded ruins, basking in crystal clear cayes, historic churches, delicious cuisine, and exploring volcanic cones
* Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from birding spots in Belize to forgotten cities of ancient civilizations
* Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
* Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
* Full-colour planning section to inspire you and help you find the best experiences
From idyllic Caribbean waters to awe-inspiring caves, Footprint’s fully updated 4th edition will help you navigate this compelling destination.
About the Author
Richard Arghiris is a freelance writer, journalist, blogger, and long-term traveler. He has been wandering the highways and unpaved back roads of Central America since 2003, contributing to a range of Footprint titles and a host of websites, magazines and newspapers, including The Independent, The Observer, Perceptive Travel and Intercontinental Cry. His blog, www.unseenamericas.com, features news reports, narrative journalism and street photography from the sketchy US-Mexico border to the teeming rainforests of Panama.
Additional InformationTable of Contents
1) Planning your trip
2) Southern Mexico