Women in Travel photo competition terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
1. The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over. Employees, contractors and authors of Bradt Travel Guides (“Bradt”) and the Competition Partners as defined below and members of the immediate family of the above people are not eligible to participate.
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. The competition will be launched on 13 November 2018. All entries must be received by midnight GMT on the closing date, 30 November 2018.
How to Enter
4. There is one main prize in the competition.
5. Entries should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the full name of the entrant and a day-time telephone number, with the subject like 'Women in Travel Competition'.
6. Each entrant may submit one photograph for consideration. The photograph must have been taken by the entrant. Joint entries are not allowed and entries on behalf of other people will be excluded.
7. The competition theme is‘ Share a photo you’ve taken that embodies the inspirational spirit of Bradt’s Women in Travel’.
8. Each photograph must be saved with the name of the entrant and details of the subject and its location in the following form: Name_Description (eg: Joe Bloggs_ Women on the road, Gothenburg, west Sweden)
9. Each photograph should then be sent as an email attachment. The entrant should include (in the body of the email) a brief statement in support of their entry, explaining what the photograph portrays and how/why it meets the theme ‘Share a photo you’ve taken that embodies the inspirational spirit of Bradt’s Women in Travel’
10. The winner and runners-up will be selected by a panel of Judges from Bradt Travel Guides.
11. Judges will consider both the photograph and supporting description when making their decision. They will consider a combination of factors including but not restricted to quality of photograph, originality of subject matter and approach, adherence to theme, and creativity/interest attached to the accompanying description in support of the photograph.
12. The identity of the Judges may be requested by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Bradt Travel Guides, 1st Floor, IDC House, The Vale, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks, SL9 9RZ.
13. The First Prize (as defined below) will be awarded to the entry that the Judges consider to be the best. The Judges’ decision is final.
14. The winner will be notified by email by midnight on 14 December 2018.
15. The winner of the main prize (the “Competition Winner”) will win a Craghoppers Inga Jacket, RRP £150.
16. The Winner must communicate directly with Bradt about the Prize.
17. All elements of the Prize, including colour and size options, are subject to availability.
18. The Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes. We reserve the right to change the Prizes or to offer alternatives of similar value.
19. If the Competition Winner is unable to take up his or her prize for any reason, or if we have not been able, after making reasonable efforts, to make contact with the Winner, we reserve the right to award the relevant prize (without notice to the first winner chosen) to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen shall not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever. We shall not have any liability in such eventuality.
Intellectual property and other rules about entries
20. Your competition entry must be all your own work. It must not contain any third-party content or infringe the copyright of any third party and it must not be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. We reserve the right to exclude entries from the competition that we consider, in our sole discretion, to be in breach of this clause.
21. Bradt shall have a non-exclusive right to publish all entries on its website and in print and across other social media.
22. We reserve the right to withhold the Prize, in whole or in part if the Judges decide, in their sole discretion, that there are no entries of a suitable standard.
23. Bradt and the Competition Partner (Craghoppers) reserve the right to publish the names of the Winner and the winning entries themselves, and the Winners are required to give their full co-operation to all requests by the promoters in connection with publicity for the competition, their entry, the Prizes or otherwise.
24. No correspondence will be entered into or comment issued on any matters concerning the competition and no reasons given for any decision made by the Judges.
25. We shall not be liable for any circumstances beyond our reasonable control that prevent the competition being fulfilled, a winner or winners being chosen, or any prize being taken up or fully enjoyed by a winner. We exclude liability to the full extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any person's entry into a competition or the award, or non award, to them of a prize.
26. Names of the Winners will be available on receipt of a request enclosing a stamped addressed envelope to: Bradt Travel Guides, 1st Floor, IDC House, The Vale, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks, SL9 9RZ.