To Oldly Go: Tales of Adventurous Travel by the Over-60s Terms & Conditions
1. By entering this competition you agree to be bound by these rules.
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. The competition will be launched on 7 April 2015. All entries must be received by midnight BST on the closing date, Sunday 14 June 2015.
4. Only one entry per person is permitted.
5. The competition is open to all. Entrants may be published or unpublished writers and may live outside the UK.
How to Enter
6. To enter the competition you must submit a piece of writing of between 600 and 2,500 words on the theme: To Oldly Go.
7. For full instructions visit www.bradtguides.com/To-Oldly-Go
8. Entries may be submitted by email (as an attached Word document) to Competitions@bradtguides.com with ‘To Oldly Go Competition’ in the Subject field.
9. In case of difficultly in submitting your entry via email, your entry may be submitted via post. Send your entry to Hugh Collins, To Oldly Go Competition, Bradt Travel Guides, 1st Floor, IDC House, The Vale, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks, SL9 9RZ. Those entries submitted by post must be double-spaced. Unfortunately we cannot accept handwritten entries.
10. Please include your name, email address and a daytime telephone at the top of each entry, both postal and email.
11. Winning entrants will be notified by 14 July 2015.
12. Each winning entrant will see their entry published in the book (provisionally titled To Oldly Go) and receive three copies of the book upon publication.
13. Bradt Travel Guides Ltd shall include the author’s name and a short biography at the end of the tale.
14. Winning entrants must communicate directly with Bradt about the prize.
15. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
Intellectual property and other rules about entries
16. Your competition entry must be all your own work. It must not contain any third-party content or infringe the copyright of any third party and it must not be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. We reserve the right to exclude entries from the competition that we consider, in our sole discretion, to be in breach of this clause.
17. Your entry must not have been published previously or entered in any other competition anywhere in the world before the winners are announced.
18. The winners grant Bradt an exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide right to publish the material, together with all accrued rights of action in any form and in any language (including all present and future media and formats) and all subsidiary rights including but not limited to serial quotation and translation rights and the right to use extracts in publicity, for a period of three years from publication of To Oldly Go (unless otherwise agreed with the publisher), after which such rights become non-exclusive and the author may grant rights to another publisher provided that the author shall credit Bradt Travel Guides Ltd and To Oldly Go as the original publisher. Bradt Travel Guides Ltd may assign its rights under this agreement. Notwithstanding the above, the author retains copyright and all proprietary rights in the author’s text, and Bradt Travel Guides Ltd retains copyright in the anthology. For the avoidance of doubt there will be no payment for such licences.
19. The winners authorise the project editor of the book to make such amendments and edits to the entries as are judged necessary for publication.
20. We reserve the right to publish the names of the Winners and the winning entries themselves, and the Winners are required to give their full co-operation to all requests by the promoters in connection with publicity for the competition and their entry.
21. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change the rules of the competition while it is running if it appears equitable or appropriate to do so. This may include extending the closing date whereupon there will be an announcement of any such extension at the first reasonable opportunity.
22. No correspondence, unless initiated by Bradt, will be entered into or comment issued on any matters concerning the competition and no reasons given for any decision made by the judges.
23.These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted according to English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising in connection with them.
24. Promoter: Bradt Travel Guides, 1st Floor, IDC House, The Vale, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks, SL9 9RZ.
In association with