A Summer of British Wildlife photo competition terms and conditions
1. The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over. Employees, contractors and authors of Bradt Travel Guides (“Bradt”) and the Competition Partners as defined below and members of the immediate family of the above people are not eligible to participate.
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. The competition will be launched on 17 June 2019. All entries must be received by midnight GMT on the closing date, 7 July 2019.
How to enter
4. There wil be five winners in the competition, each of whom will receive one copy of A Summer of British Wildlife.
6. One photo per entrant. The photograph must have been taken by the entrant. Joint entries are not allowed and entries on behalf of other people will be excluded.
7. The winners and runners-up will be selected by author and wildlife expert, James Lowen.
8. The judge will consider both the photograph and supporting description when making their decision. They will consider a combination of factors including but not restricted to: quality of photograph, originality of subject matter and approach, adherence to theme, and creativity/interest attached to the accompanying description in support of the photograph.
9. Five winners will receive one copy each of A Summer of British Wildlife.
10. The winners will be notified by email by midnight on 10 July 2019.
11. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes. We reserve the right to change the Prizes or to offer alternatives of similar value.
12. If one of the competition winners is unable to take up their prize for any reason, or if we have not been able, after making reasonable efforts, to make contact with them, we reserve the right to award the relevant prize to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen shall not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever. We shall not have any liability in such eventuality.
Intellectual property and other rules about entries
13. Your competition entry must be all your own work. It must not contain any third-party content or infringe the copyright of any third party and it must not be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. We reserve the right to exclude entries from the competition that we consider, in our sole discretion, to be in breach of this clause.
14. Bradt shall have a non-exclusive right to publish all entries on its website and in print and across other social media.
15. We reserve the right to withhold the prize, in whole or in part if the judge's decide, in their sole discretion, that there are no entries of a suitable standard.
16. Bradt reserve the right to publish the names of the winners and the winning entries themselves, and the winners are required to give their full co-operation to all requests by the promoters in connection with publicity for the competition, their entry, the prizes or otherwise.
17. No correspondence will be entered into or comment issued on any matters concerning the competition and no reasons given for any decision made by the judge.
18. We shall not be liable for any circumstances beyond our reasonable control that prevent the competition being fulfilled, a winner or winners being chosen, or any prize being taken up or fully enjoyed by a winner. We exclude liability to the full extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any person's entry into a competition or the award, or non award, to them of a prize.
19. Names of the winners will be available on receipt of a request enclosing a stamped addressed envelope to: Bradt Travel Guides, 31a High Street, Chesham, Buckinghamshire, HP5 1BW, England