Faroe Islands competition
Terms and conditions
1. The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over. Employees, contractors and authors of Bradt Travel Guides (“Bradt”) and the Competition Partners as defined below and members of the immediate family of the above people are not eligible to participate.
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. The competition will be launched on 1 June 2016. All entries must be received by midnight GMT on the closing date, Thursday 30 June 2016.
How to Enter
4. There is one main prize in the competition and three runners-up prizes.
5. Entries should be submitted by email to email@example.com, and include the full name of the entrant and a day-time telephone number.
6. Each entrant may submit a maximum of three photographs for consideration. Only one photograph should be attached to each email (so if an entrant wishes to submit three photographs these should be sent in three separate emails). The photograph(s) must have been taken by the entrant. Joint entries are not allowed and entries on behalf of other people will be excluded.
7. The competition theme is “Island life”.
8. Each photograph must be saved with the name of the entrant and details of the subject and its location in the following form: Name_Description (eg: Joe Bloggs_ A hidden island, Gothenburg, west Sweden)
9. Each photograph should then be sent as an email attachment. The entrant should include (in the body of the email) a brief statement in support of their entry, explaining what the photograph portrays and how/why it meets the theme “Island life”.
10. Entrants’ names and email addresses will be shared with the competition partners Visit Faroe Islands and Atlantic Airways and may be used by them and their promoters for marketing purposes unless entrants indicate that they do not consent to this by putting “NO MARKETING” in the message body of their email submission.
11. The winner and runners-up will be selected by a panel of Judges from Bradt Travel Guides.
12. Judges will consider both the photograph and supporting description when making their decision. They will consider a combination of factors including but not restricted to quality of photograph, originality of subject matter and approach, adherence to theme, and creativity/interest attached to the accompanying description in support of the photograph.
13. The identity of the Judges may be requested by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Bradt Travel Guides, 1st Floor, IDC House, The Vale, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks, SL9 9RZ.
14. The First Prize (as defined below) will be awarded to the entry that the Judges consider to be the best. The Judges’ decision is final. The five Runner Up prizes will be awarded to the five entries that the judges consider the next best.
15. The winner and three runner ups will be notified by email by midnight on 15 July 2016.
16. The winner of the main prize (the “Competition Winner”) shall win a holiday to the Faroe Islands for two (the “Competition Winner’s Prize”). The Competition Winner and a companion will be entitled to a holiday to the Faroe Islands donated by various competition partners. Dates of travel are subject to availability and the Competition Winner must give at least one month's notice in advance of their desired dates of travel.
· Return flights for two to the Faroe Islands with Atlantic Airways, departing from Edinburgh
· Three nights’ accommodation at the Hotel Føroyar
The winner is responsible for all other costs incurred as part of the prize including but not limited to all beverages, spending money, meals and all other travel outside of that specified. The Competition Winner is liable for any expenses whatsoever incurred by failure to make the departure times shown on their tickets. The competition partners reserve the right to amend activities depending on availability.
17. Transport to the departure destinations in the UK is not included.
18. Flights are subject to availability and may not be taken at peak periods such as Christmas, New Year and Bank/School Holidays. One item of checked baggage is included per person. Changes to names and travel dates are subject to the standard change fee plus any difference in fare as outlined in the airline’s general terms and conditions of carriage, which can be found on www.atlantic.fo. Flights must be taken at the same time and are non-transferable. Flight prize automatically expires two years after issue unless otherwise specified.
19. The Competition Winner is responsible for organising valid passport(s), securing any necessary visas and complying with any relevant regulations or legislation or customs and immigration requirements relating to the Competition Winner’s Prize. The Winner is also responsible for taking out adequate insurance and obtaining health advice about any vaccinations required and any other health-related matters relevant to the Prizes. We accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the Prizes and not specifically included in the prize descriptions.
20. The Winner must communicate directly with Bradt about the Prizes.
21. All elements of the Prizes including, for the avoidance of doubt, dates and destinations are subject to availability.
22. The Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes. We reserve the right to change the Prizes or to offer alternatives of similar value. In the event of cancellation by the Competition Winner, for whatever reason, no alternative prize or travel dates will be offered. Once a confirmed booking has been made, reservations may not be changed.
23. If the Competition Winner is unable to take up his or her prize for any reason, or if we have not been able, after making reasonable efforts, to make contact with the Winner, we reserve the right to award the relevant prize (without notice to the first winner chosen) to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen shall not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever. We shall not have any liability in such eventuality.
Intellectual property and other rules about entries
24. Your competition entry must be all your own work. It must not contain any third-party content or infringe the copyright of any third party and it must not be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. We reserve the right to exclude entries from the competition that we consider, in our sole discretion, to be in breach of this clause.
25. Bradt shall have a non-exclusive right to publish all entries on its website and in print and across other social media.
26. We reserve the right to withhold the Prize, in whole or in part if the Judges decide, in their sole discretion, that there are no entries of a suitable standard.
27. Bradt and the Competition Partners reserve the right to publish the names of the Winner and the winning entries themselves, and the Winners are required to give their full co-operation to all requests by the promoters in connection with publicity for the competition, their entry, the Prizes or otherwise.
28. No correspondence will be entered into or comment issued on any matters concerning the competition and no reasons given for any decision made by the Judges.
29. We shall not be liable for any circumstances beyond our reasonable control that prevent the competition being fulfilled, a winner or winners being chosen, or any prize being taken up or fully enjoyed by a winner. We exclude liability to the full extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any person's entry into a competition or the award, or non award, to them of a prize.
30. Names of the Winners will be available on receipt of a request enclosing a stamped addressed envelope to: Bradt Travel Guides, 1st Floor, IDC House, The Vale, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks, SL9 9RZ.
31. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted according to English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising in connection with them.
32. Headings in these rules are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
33. Promoter: Bradt Travel Guides, 1st Floor, IDC House, The Vale, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks SL9 9RZ, UK.