Written by Bradt Travel Guides
We’ve teamed up with the stunning five-star Macdonald Randolph Hotel in Oxford to offer readers the chance to win a two-night break for two, a three-course dinner and breakfast each day.
Exterior © The Macdonald Randolph Hotel, Oxford
The Macdonald Randolph Hotel is a leading 5-star hotel, offering luxurious accommodation, quality food, and a sensuous spa haven in the heart of this world famous University city. The hotel is located opposite the Ashmolean Museum, a three-minute walk from the New Theatre and just a ten-minute walk from the railway station, so perfect for a spot of sightseeing.
Find out more at www.MacdonaldHotels.co.uk
Classic Suite © The Macdonald Randolph Hotel, Oxford
The first prize is a two-night break for two at The Macdonald Randolph Hotel in Oxford, including breakfast each day and one three-course dinner.
Two runners-up will each receive a copy of Britain from the Rails by Benedict le Vay.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question:
Which famous fictional detective is connected with the Macdonald Randolph Hotel in Oxford?
Email your answer along with your name and a contact number through to Holly.Parsons@bradtguides.com. The closing date for entries is the 31st January, and the winner and two runners up will be contacted shortly afterwards.
Should you wish your details not to be shared with the competition’s partner please put ‘NO MARKETING‘ in the body of the email.
And even if you aren’t the lucky winner, you can still save on the Oxford Winter VIP Break at Macdonald Randolph Hotel.
The offer includes overnight accommodation and full English breakfast, a VIP Welcome pack with chocolates, luxury toiletries, bathrobes and slippers as well as a turndown service plus a nightcap of Baileys or Cognac in the Morse Bar. Available from 12 December 16 until 31 March 17. To make a booking please call 0344 879 9000 quoting promotion code PW2. Full terms and conditions at www.MacdonaldHotels.co.uk
1.The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over. Employees, contractors and authors of Bradt Travel Guides (“Bradt”) and the competition partner and members of the immediate family of the above are not eligible to participate.
2 .No purchase is necessary.
3. The competition will be launched in December 2016. All entries must be received by midnight GMT on the closing date, 31 January 2017.
4. There is one main prize in the competition, and two runners up prizes.
5. The winner and runners-up will be selected at random from the correct entries by member of the Bradt Travel Guides staff.
6. This competition prize is based on two guests sharing a Classic twin or double bedroom on a bed and breakfast basis. One evening meal up to the value of £35 per person – all additional meals, people etc. must be paid for on departure.
7. The prize must be taken by 30 November 2017.
8. The prize may not be taken on either Bank Holidays or special events.
9. All elements of the prize are subject to availability.
10. Bradt will accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the Prize and not specifically included in the prize description, this includes travel costs to reach the Prize location and drinks and any other extras.
11. The two runners up will each receive an a copy of Britain from the Rails.
12. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes. In the event of cancellation by the competition winner, for whatever reason, no alternative prize or travel dates will be offered. Once a confirmed booking has been made, reservations may not be changed.
13. If the Competition Winner is unable to take up his or her prize for any reason, or if we have not been able, after making reasonable efforts, to make contact with the winner, we reserve the right to award the relevant prize to an alternative winner.
14. Bradt and the competition partners reserve the right to publish the names of the winner and the winning entries themselves, and the winner is required to give their full co-operation to all reasonable requests by the promoters in connection with publicity for the competition, their entry, the prizes or otherwise.
15. No correspondence will be entered into or comment issued on any matters concerning the competition and no reasons given for any decision made by the Judge.
16. Bradt shall not be liable for any circumstances beyond our reasonable control that prevent the competition being fulfilled, a winner being chosen, or any prize being taken up or fully enjoyed by a winner. Bradt excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any person’s entry into a competition or the award, or non-award, to them of a prize.
17. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted according to English law and the English courts shall exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising in connection with them.