Bradt's Big Cat Festival - Kenyan Safari Competition T&Cs
Terms and conditions
1. The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over. Employees, contractors and authors of Bradt Travel Guides (“Bradt”) and the Competition Partners as defined below and members of the immediate family of the above people are not eligible to participate.
2. The competition will be launched on 22nd March 2018. All entries must be received by the end of ticketsales for the Bradt Big Cat Festival on Sunday 20 May 2018.
How to Enter
3. There is one main prize in the competition.
4. To enter the competition you must purchase a valid earlybird or general sale ticket to the Bradt Travel Guides' Big Cat Festival.
5. As the prize must be taken by someone aged 18 years or older, Childrens tickets do not count as valid entries.
6. By purchasing a ticket attendees are agreeing to their names and email addresses being shared with the competition partners Kicheche Camps and Kenya Airways and understand that these may be used by them and their promoters for marketing purposes.
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries by a representative of Bradt Travel Guides.
8. The identity of the Judge may be requested by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Bradt Travel Guides, 1st Floor, IDC House, The Vale, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks, SL9 9RZ.
9. The First Prize (as defined below) will be awarded at random from all valid entries. The Judges’ decision is final.
10. The winner will be notified by email by midnight on 25 May 2018.
11. The winner of the main prize (the “Competition Winner”) will win a four night safari for two as well as flights to the destination (the “Competition Winner’s Prize”). Dates of travel are subject to availability and the Competition Winner must give Kenya Airways at least two month's notice in advance of their desired dates of travel.
- Return flights for two to Kenya with Kenya Airways, departing from London Heathrow.
- Four night safari with Kicheche Camps. (Not including conservancy fees.)
The winner is responsible for all other costs incurred as part of the prize including but not limited to all beverages, spending money, meals and all other travel outside of that specified. The Competition Winner is liable for any expenses whatsoever incurred by failure to make the departure times shown on their tickets. The competition partners reserve the right to amend activities depending on availability.
12. Airfare tckets are valid for the prize-winner to Travel from 01 JUNE 18 to 01 JUNE 19. These are non-transferable and hold no cash value. Travel must commence from London Heathrow only and all passengers must travel and return together.
a) Travel will not be permitted during the peak periods of EASTER, JULY, AUGUST and DECEMBER and during any embargos that the company may apply.
b) You will be responsible for airport taxes/visa/insurance and medical requirements.
c) All bookings are subject to availability at time of booking. A maximum of four (4) segments are permitted, valid on Kenya Airways operated services only.
d) Event Organisers, children and infants are not qualified to travel on this offer.
e) Due to any unforeseen circumstances (flight cancellation, delayed or overbooked) relating to the Kenya Airways flight the prize winner is booked on the winner will not be entitled to compensation from the airline.
Once the winner has decided on their travel dates they will need to contact Kenya Airways no later than 8 weeks before departure with their signed prize confirmation letter.
13. Transport to the departure destination in the UK is not included.
14. The Competition Winner is responsible for organising valid passport(s), securing any necessary visas and complying with any relevant regulations or legislation or customs and immigration requirements relating to the Competition Winner’s Prize. The Winner is also responsible for taking out adequate insurance and obtaining health advice about any vaccinations required and any other health-related matters relevant to the Prizes. We accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the Prizes and not specifically included in the prize descriptions.
15. The Winner must communicate directly with Bradt about the Prizes.
16. All elements of the Prizes including, for the avoidance of doubt, dates and destinations are subject to availability.
17. The Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes. We reserve the right to change the Prizes or to offer alternatives of similar value. In the event of cancellation by the Competition Winner, for whatever reason, no alternative prize or travel dates will be offered. Once a confirmed booking has been made, reservations may not be changed.
18. If the Competition Winner is unable to take up his or her prize for any reason, or if we have not been able, after making reasonable efforts, to make contact with the Winner, we reserve the right to award the relevant prize (without notice to the first winner chosen) to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen shall not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever. We shall not have any liability in such eventuality.
19. Bradt and the Competition Partners reserve the right to publish the names of the Winner, and the Winners are required to give their full co-operation to all requests by the promoters in connection with publicity for the competition, the Prizes or otherwise.
20. No correspondence will be entered into or comment issued on any matters concerning the competition and no reasons given for any decision made by the Judges.
21. We shall not be liable for any circumstances beyond our reasonable control that prevent the competition being fulfilled, a winner or winners being chosen, or any prize being taken up or fully enjoyed by a winner. We exclude liability to the full extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any person's entry into a competition or the award, or non award, to them of a prize.
22. Names of the Winner will be available on receipt of a request enclosing a stamped addressed envelope to: Bradt Travel Guides, 1st Floor, IDC House, The Vale, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks, SL9 9RZ.
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted according to English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising in connection with them.
24. Headings in these rules are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
25. Promoter: Bradt Travel Guides, 1st Floor, IDC House, The Vale, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks SL9 9RZ, UK.